22 January 2009

Pep Rallies

I find it amusing that the entire eighth grade at my middle school can deliberately coordinate themselves to do things. For instance, today at our pep rally. At our school, we have these "cheer cans". When the can is open, you scream, when the can is closed, you shut up. It's a pretty simple concept. But because the eighth graders at my school are, you know, eighth graders, they decided to do the OPPOSITE. And I'm not surprised that some people in my grade thought to be difficult; it's the fact that they got the ENTIRE eighth grade to cooperate that I find amusing.

I know; you're wondering- do I participate in these events?? However, I do not. That is because I am non participatory. No, instead I just watch from the very back row in the bleachers, clutching to my quads (a fifty-five pound marching instrument that is carried by two straps of metal on your shoulders) for dear life, hoping and praying that they do not fall down the stands.

1 comment:

  1. that was hilarious!!! when the guys first started getting everyone to do it, i was telling them it wasn't gonna work and of course there were like 3 people that screamed when the can was open. hahaha.

    oh! and what about the guys that did the "Hillshire Farms... GO MEAT!!" every 2 minutes. that got soooo annoying!!!!! but i still love our grade.

    ReplyDelete